You are currently not logged in.
Please login to save this job to your account or register for a new account!
Your new employer…
The Women’s Activities and Self Help (WASH) House is a community based information and resource centre for women that envisages a community in which women exercise equal rights, choose their own destiny and have a safe environment for themselves and their children. They work towards this by providing information and referral, advocacy, capacity building and support services
The organisation has been established in the area for over 35 years as a support and resource centre for women. Over this time, the WASH House has grown and evolved to run a range of programs including Staying Home Leaving Violence, Counselling, Case Work, Group Work and Information Services. The WASH House is a service run by women, for women.
Leave work each day feeling part of making a difference to the local community! Find out more about WASH via www.washhouse.org.au
About the Program…
The Staying Home Leaving Violence (SHLV) program is a casework model supporting women (and their children) escaping domestic violence to remain safely in their homes, or leave safely.
This position provides support to women & children escaping domestic violence through intervention, case management and group work services. This role works closely with clients by assessing safety needs, seeking to improve social, health, economic and legal outcomes for families, reduce homelessness and promote accountability for offenders of violence.
Key accountabilities will include:
* Case Management
* Community Development
* Quality Improvement
The role is Permanent Part Time at 28 hours per week – Tuesday to Friday (there is flexibility for days & hours to be negotiated but availability on Thursday and Friday is essential). The role could be worked 4 or 5 days per week/school hours/9 day fortnight.
Salary for this role is classified at level 5 in the NSW SCHADS Award (Pay Point to be determined based on experience). The role is based in Mt Druitt but covers the whole of Blacktown LGA therefore will require some travel as necessary.
The successful applicant will be a passionate woman with sound experience in case management and a proven ability to support women & children in crisis with complex needs. Your experience will also include networking, advocacy and you will have a good understanding of domestic violence.
* Experience in case management of people with complex support needs including outreach and advocacy
* Knowledge and understanding of domestic violence, social policy and issues that face women and their children in Western Sydney
* Proven ability to support women and children in crisis or at significant risk of harm and understanding of trauma-informed practice
* Excellent communication and negotiation skills
* Experience networking with multidisciplinary services and agencies and ability to build and foster relationships
* Conceptual skills, with sound analytical and problem-solving ability
* Ability to work effectively within a small team
* Computer and internet skills
* Current driver’s licence
* Working with Children check and Police Check (or willingness to obtain)
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women and women from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The WASH House considers being a woman a genuine occupational qualification for this position under s.31 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW).
* Opportunities for multi skilling and up-skilling
* High level of diversity in role
* Excellent working environment
If you have a background in Women’s Services or Domestic Violence and a passion for helping making a positive difference in people’s lives then this is the role for you!
What to do now…
For an Information Pack, please visit www.totalworkforceservices.com.au/010whi or contact us on (02) 4555 4634.
All applicants will be required to address the criteria mentioned in the dot points above.
Apply immediately as interviews will proceed without delay.
Date Created: 06/03/2020
Ad Reference Number: 010WHI
Applications close: 05/04/2020
Location: Western Sydney Suburbs
Position Type: permanent
Hours Type: part time
Salary Type: Hourly Rate
Salary Rate: $0.00
Days a week: 4
Hours a week: 28.0